29 Dec 2012

Request


I am Forwarding Kunzang Dolma's request. If anybody could provide her with more information on Leh Palace...Sonam

"Dear Sir, I am working on a feature about Leh Palace, and as such I hope that your organisation have got many facts about it, which were published also. 

I have been trying to fetch as many information as I can. 

But the books which I have read till date doesn't satisfy my contents, as I want to deliver more. 

I shall be obliged, if you could provide me with some resources?".

With regards

Ms Kunzang Dolma
+91-9622135983
( Reach Ladakh)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In my opinion the best source is the Tibet Heritage Found which has created a database on historic Leh, that included architectural surveys, photographic documentation and information on the building's history and usage. At present, only a small part of this work is accessible via our Online Archive Database with more to come.

The Leh Old Town Project was one of the winning entries in the 2006 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage Awards.
August 2006, THF signed a five-year Memorandum of Understanding with Ladakh‘s local government, the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC). The MOU regulates how the two sides will work together for the rehabilitation of the Old Town of Leh.
Visit the web site below:

http://www.tibetheritagefund.org/pages/projects/ladakh/leh-old-town.php

Julley. Vladimiro Pelliciardi

Kunzang Dolma Sukman said...

Thank you, Pelliciardi Sir for suggesting this valuable site to me.
I am sure this will of great help for my work.

Regards,
Kunzang Sukman